Thursday, November 3, 2016

Co-op Work Permit

Do you have a mandatory work component in your program?
If yes then you need to apply for a coop work permit regardless of whether it is a paid or unpaid internship. The ability to work off-campus attached to your study permit does not transfer to your academic work requirement.

When should I apply for my co-op work permit?
You should apply as soon as possible as processing times are subject to change. You are not authorized to start your work placement until you receive the work permit.

Is there a cost?
No. Your placement/internship is deemed an essential component of your studies necessary in order for you to graduate therefore there is no cost for this permit.

Do I require a job offer in order to apply?
A job offer is not required; Humber College acts as your employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment