Friday, May 26, 2017

Pride Month Is Just Around The Corner

Toronto is known for being one of the most diverse cities in the world when it comes to different ethnic groups, religions and backgrounds, but Toronto is also a very inclusive city when it comes to embracing its LGBTQ+ citizens, and it become more evident during Pride month.

Canada’s second-ever Pride Month will launch on June 1, 2017, featuring engaging programming and exciting events throughout the city, culminating with the much anticipated annual Pride Parade on June 25. Pride Month will begin with its city proclamation and the raising of the Rainbow flag at Toronto City Hall, set to occur May 31.

Here at Humber the LGBTQ Resource Centre works to provide a safer space for Humber’s LGBTQ+ students and allies to connect with one another and access resources. And during Pride month they have a special calendar of events. Check it out at!

Don’t forget to check the official #PrideTO events like the Trans Parade, the Dyke Parade and the Pride Parade itself. For more information on all the events happening in the city during Pride month go to the official Pride Guide 2017

We Are Proud!

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

What are the eligibility requirements for the Post-Graduation work permit?
For more information please go here

What documents to do I require from Humber?
Your Confirmation of Graduation letter and Final Transcript; you can request these documents through your MyHumber account as of March 9, 2018. The confirmation letter is downloaded from your account however the transcript will be mailed to the address listed on your account. Please note - if you have an outstanding balance these documents will not be available until the account is cleared.

When should I apply?
Once you have both Confirmation of Graduation letter as well as your Final transcript. It is important that you still have a valid study permit and you apply within 90 days of the earliest date on your graduation documents.

When can I start working full-time?
You can start when you submit your application if the conditions listed on your study permit authorizes you to work off-campus. In the case where your study permit does not authorize you to work off-campus then you will have to wait until the PGWP is issued. For more information please go here.

Can I extend my Post-Graduation Work Permit?

This is a one-time opportunity. An exception to this rule is when you were not granted the full amount time due to your passport expiring. For example, your passport expires in 2018 but you are potentially eligible for a work permit until 2021.