International Student Ambassador
Location: Lakeshore Campus
Start Date: April 4th or 9th, 2018
PURPOSE: The International Student Ambassador program is designed to assist new and returning International Students with adjusting to college life in Canada as well as to grow the Humber International Centre to meet the diverse needs of students around the world.Required Training
- Currently enrolled and in good academic standing
- Full-time Lakeshore Campus Student (with at least 2 full semesters still remaining here at Humber – 1st semester students are encouraged to apply)
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Comfortable working in a flexible environment
- Experience with social media, photography, graphic design, event planning, or community outreach are an asset.
- On-campus involvement in a leadership role would be considered an asset.
- Creating event posters
- Data entry and filing
- Working closely with office staff and other International Student Ambassadors.
- Helping respond to e-mail enquiries
- Participating and helping to plan/promote our IEW event (International Education Week Event)
- Giving campus tours to new students.
- Covering for our front desk staff and working with students coming into the Centre.
- Attending scheduled trips and act as a Humber staff representative
- Helping to facilitate semester Meet N’ Greets’
- Attending scheduled workshops
- Travelling to the airport to pick up international students arriving in Canada
- Assisting student with getting to the residence and registering, picking up their keys and making sure they get to their rooms
- Working with the International Centre team on different initiatives which encompass skills such as: Writing/Blogging, Photography, Videography, Graphic Design, Event Planning/Execution, Marketing and Community Outreach.
International Student Advisor
Humber College (Lakeshore Campus, H100A)
The deadline to have your resume and cover letter submitted (by email) is Sunday, March 25th, 2018 at 12:00pm.